The use of detergents on printed aida is not recommended by the manufacturer of this aida.
If you must wash your aida, a light wash without detergents is recommended, if washing is necessary at all. Here are the recommended steps from the manufacturer:
- Place your fabric in a bowl of warm water - wash one piece at a time.
- Allow the fabric to soak for as long as you need, gently patting the fabric occasionally. Do not rub or scrub the fabric.
- Do not wring the fabric to dry - instead, lay it out flat on a towel and roll it up to absorb excess water, squeezing gently. Do not wring the fabric.
- Unroll and lay the fabric out flat to air dry.
- Once dry, lay the fabric stitched side down on a clean towel and iron on reverse, using steam if required.
If it is absolutely necessary to use a detergent, do not use biological materials and ALWAYS sample test a small piece with NON-biological detergent before proceeding. Ensure fabric is rinsed well.
I do not recommend using soluble or heat-vanishing pens to grid this fabric but if you want to do this, please test that the ink will come out without issue before proceeding.
Do not iron directly on to the fabric - please use a clean tea towel over your design and any areas that will be visible after framing to ensure you don't scorch your hard work!
If you choose to wash your aida contrary to this guidance and warning, and you ruin your work, I bear no responsibility! You have been warned!
I personally do not recommend washing aida. Life is too short, dude.