The use of detergents on printed aida is not recommended by the manufacturer of this aida.
If you must wash your aida, a light wash without detergents is recommended, if washing is necessary at all. Here are the recommended steps from the manufacturer:
- Place your fabric in a bowl of warm water - wash one piece at a time.
- Allow the fabric to soak for as long as you need, gently patting the fabric occasionally. Do not rub or scrub the fabric.
- Do not wring the fabric to dry - instead, lay it out flat on a towel and roll it up to absorb excess water, squeezing gently. Do not wring the fabric.
- Unroll and lay the fabric out flat to air dry.
- Once dry, lay the fabric stitched side down on a clean towel and iron on reverse, using steam if required.
If it is absolutely necessary to use a detergent, do not use biological materials and ALWAYS sample test a small piece with NON-biological detergent before proceeding. Ensure fabric is rinsed well.
If you choose to wash your aida contrary to this guidance and warning, and you ruin your work, I bear no responsibility!
I personally do not recommend washing aida. Life is too short.